Visa FAQ

Expand all
Do I need a visa to study in Israel?

It is mandatory that all students participating in programs of one semester or longer to secure a Multiple Entry Student Visa (A-2) before arriving in Israel.

For more information regarding the application process please click here and visit the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Due to Consular regulations students from the following regions: Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe, should contact their programs admissions office or program coordinator prior to their consular visa appointments for facilitation of the student visa process.

What if I don't have time/forgot to do it before my arrival?

Upon arrival please contact the TAU International office in order to receive the required documents and information to apply for the visa in Israel.

Please consider that acquiring a visa in your home country, prior to arrival, is a requirement of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Applying for one in Israel should be the last resort.

My student visa has expired while in Israel, how do I renew it?

Please stop by the TAU International office in order to receive the required documents and information. You will need to visit the Ministry of Interior Affairs in Tel Aviv with the following documents – for assistance in acquiring the appropriate documentation please contact the office.

o   Passport

o   Enrollment certification (2 letters from TAU International Office).

o   Insurance card

o   2 Passport Photos

o   ID/driver's license

o   2 Application forms – fill out in advance.

o   350 shekel fee (for a multiple entry student visa, fee might change)

o   For students starting their second year in any program – transcripts from previous year.

I am an Oleh Hadash, do I need to get a Student Visa?

For information about the rights and restrictions attached to each type or visa, contact the Israel Aliyah Center nearest you. Staff there will help you determine which type of visa is most beneficial to you and help you with your application.

TAU's Security Department maintains close contact with government security agencies, and international students are regularly updated regarding security matters. Specific security information will be given at the student orientation.

TAU International also requires all students to carry a mobile telephone. This allows our staff to contact all international students at any time in case of a security situation.

I have an Israeli Parent or have an Israeli citizenship, do I need to get a Student Visa?

Please contact the Israeli Consulate near you prior to arrival in order to validate your status in Israel.

Will I be able to work on a Student Visa?

The student visa does not allow you to work in Israel. For more information contact your local consulate.

Tel Aviv University makes every effort to respect copyright. If you own copyright to the content contained here and / or the use of such content is in your opinion infringing, Contact us as soon as possible >>
Tel Aviv University, P.O. Box 39040, Tel Aviv 6997801, Israel
UI/UX Basch_Interactive